Monday, October 28, 2013

Want more proof?

There have been many opportunities for me to test the validity of the UV lure's effectiveness recently. So if we are not all tired of hearing about the sensational new spectacle that is the UV lure, I will continue.

This week was filled with football and school, but not fishing. It seemed as if the only reason I scrapped a short trip together on Sunday was to get some material to write about. Before I joined the football team, I would go on an average of two trips per week, but now I just don't have the time. It is interesting how adding a new priority drained all of my passion for fishing. Of course, the season is still alive. the best trip of my life was in mid-November. It was then that I caught 29 fish in only a few hours. On top of that, the willow lake will be stocked with rainbow trout soon, and they will bite until the lake ices over.

So enough whining, time for actual fishing. The day started off slowly, because I didn't know where to go. My default spot is Rocky Ford so hey why not. There were only a few people there, and most of them were not even fishing, so I could basically go wherever I wanted. I started at the waterfall using that spoon that I was chosen to test. Surprisingly, I caught nothing , so I switched to the UV lure, and caught nothing. I felt the mist rising from the waterfall and realized just how cold the water was getting.

With the water getting so cold, I chose to move downstream. I was getting really lazy and just let my lure sit right under me when what looked like a largemouth grabbed it. I started pulling but it just straight-up unhooked itself. I quickly cast again and had an instantaneous strike- that I again missed. I kept on casting but had absolutely no luck. Unless losing your new UV lure is considered luck.(goodbye five bucks)

I switched to a much cheaper lure, a simple jig with a Powerbait minnow, and it payed off fairly well.
                                         This little wiper had pity on me in my time of need.

The majority of this trip was blind casting into fruitless waters, so I decided to risk it again with another UV lure. With the first cast came the second fish of the day. The little white crappie was encouraging. (Never expect me to say that again: there are times that I would rather catch nothing than catch a little crappie)

I felt that I should keep going with the UV lure. It was a pretty good idea until it somehow got caught on some line and I lost it. Fortunately, it broke free and floated downstream, so all I had to do was follow it until it stuck to a rock in the rapids. I left after that ordeal.

So this week's halfhearted attempt at a fishing trip ended up costing five bucks (nearly ten) in lost lures. Although, all but one of the bites this trip were on a UV lure, so I guess that proves that they are worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment